keskiviikko 18. tammikuuta 2012

English summary for prev. text

As you can see, I wrote a LOT and I don't know if I am up to write so much now :P

Okay, I feel sorry for not writing in over year, as there was so many lovely memories to share and there will be no new ones :'( Today we will put into sleep all 3 rats there is left. And we are not gonna take any new ones. Like my dear friend has said, they are too sweet and wonderful animals to lose all the time.

Okay, let's do little update what has happened after Lissu died.

16.3.2011 It was Nilla's time to go, again cos of nasty flu. Nilla was sister of Sofi and one of those rare rats, who came to us 5 weeks old. Nilla was chosen by Mikko, also by her name. And very popular, she also had her fan club in USA :)

20.6. 2011  Cos on tumor, it was time to let Demonitar go. She had become very dear from the second I first met her at Heidi's. Maybe you remember, she was the one who came to us as adult, after losing her prev. home.

30. 6. 2011 Helmi, the puppy of Sofi, had to go as she had "sympathy" tumor. It was so hard, in so short time we had to put 2 into sleep and one was Helmi, the living memory of Sofi and Nilla too.

It was very hard time for us back then, you have 5 rats and in so short time you'll stay with 3. We wondered a lot how Maiju will take it, as her dear friends just go away and she stays with 2 "brats". But, Mrs. Maiju did what she knows best, she adapted. I really look up into Maiju and that she has seen so many friends just go and still she doesn't get depressed. It wouldn't be the first time if rat get depressed, stop eating and so on after dear friend is gone. I have to do the math, Maiju came to us at 16. Jan. 2010 and after that we lost Wera, Sofi, Lissu, Nilla, Demonitar and Helmi, so it makes 6 times that Maiju has been there and felt the lost. For me and my rats, it is lot. 

But, also at that summer happened something so lovely and wonderful, that it is maybe in "best moments top 3" -list. I went -about 6 months too late- to get Lissu's CUP. Our Lissu was the best rat in Oulu at 2010 and hell, I was so proud of! What a shame Lissu wasn't here, I would let her eat ice cream from the cup under flashlights :) It was the beautiful ending for my show- history.

And here we go to autumn, 6. day of November. Maiju the granny turned 2 years. It was miracle in our family, as only Mona had live over 2 years. Naturally we were so happy, but also wondering will Maiju be here at X-mas.


At end on November we went to South side again and I was nervous about how many rats there will be when I come back home. I told bye byes to Maiju thinking we might never see again. Maiju, just like Oona and Iina were all in good health when we came back and they had have good time in their care-place.



For a first time also Nipsu was away from home at care- palce. We were so nervous will she do Nelli's style, and I mean stop eating in new place. We were ready to come back home in a second, if it happends. But there was no reason for that. Nipsu llloved to be at there and I guess the feeling was mutual, even one lamp "got killed". At home Nipsu was little bit weird at first, she was just shy at the corner but soon she was herself. I think she missed being away, as she was so spoiled there.

Then came X-mas and we had the traditional way. Nipsu got gifts, of course she didn't like them so much. There was ball with bell inside, and I have never heard the sound of bell. Maybe she doesn't want to play when there is no food in it. Rats got little house and I wonder how does it still looks like house and they haven't eat it yet. It is popular, especially Oona likes to be there, and so does Maiju.

They were also on antibiotics cof of flu and especially Oona loved to take the med, it was like hell to her. She was peeing and pooing and kicking and screaming. Of course the others were in panic, cos Oona acted that way, but there were times when Iina and Maiju took their meds well.

Now, today, it is time to say goodbye for rats. Nobody has tumor, but the flu is coming back and I am againts putting them all on meds again till rest of their lives, as Oona hate to take it.

I have heard lot of disagree with Iina, but all I can do is what I see is the best. She was better and I was still gonna put her into sleep, now she isn't anymore fully healthy.

The reason why I was putting healthy pet into sleep was simple. Rats can't live alone and we are not gonna take new ones. I can't give her to someone else, cos those new rats might get the flu we had. That is just too much for me, if someone's pets get sick cos of me. So, after thinking a LOT of this, it was the best idea we came with.


At the end there is something I wrote to Facebook, if you want to read it, I can translate it, but it is more like written to rat people.


And what comes to comments, they are welcome as always. Just keep in mind, they all come via my e-mail I don't use so much, so it might take "some" time to see them here.


I try to be more active here at future!


And to tell something about what is coming, I'm gonna write an article to magazine about how I feel today and of course, I'll do my best to translate it into English as well. Please forgimme my mistakes with text, it is about 7am now and I am having my first cup of coffee.

Ei kommentteja: